National Accounts (Industry Benchmarks): Year ended March 2011
In the year ended March 2011:
- Current price GDP increased 4.6 percent, while GDP per capita increased 3.4 percent.
- Exports increased 10.3 percent while imports increased 10.9 percent.
- Business profits (gross operating surplus) increased 6.0 percent and compensation of employees (mainly wages and salaries) increased 3.2 percent.
- Final consumption expenditure increased 4.6 percent, with household spending up 4.6 percent.
- Total investment in fixed assets increased 1.2 percent to $37.3 billion.